This isn’t my recipe but I wanted to try it out for ages. It’s super easy and quick to make. I’ve made couple of changes like substituting One Earth blend chocolate mix with regular cocoa powder and freeze dried dragon fruit powder with fresh strawberries. It’s a remake of Panacea’s Pantry’s Lemon and chocolate slices. http://instagram.com/panaceas_pantry
Here’s the original shot
Chocolate dream base
1 cup almond meal
4tbsp cocoa powder instead of One Earth blends chocolate mix
¼ cup maple syrup
¼ cup desiccated coconut
- Put all ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir until well combined
- Press well into a tin. I’ve used a very small rectangular bread tin and cut the cakes out with a round cookie cutter.
Lemon and strawberry layer
1 cup of soaked cashews.
1/4 cup of cacao butter melted and rested for 5min to cool down.
1/4 cup of coconut milk or cream.
1/4 cup maple syrup
10 drops of lemon essence
Lemon juice of ½ lemon
- add all ingredients into high speed blender and process until smooth creamy consistency achieved.
- Pour over chocolate base and even out
Put 100g fresh strawberries with 1/4 cup of coconut oil into a high-power blender and whizz up for about 20 seconds.
1.Pour the mixture over the lemon layer and gently fold into the lemon filling. Use wooden skewer to help.
2. Freeze for about 3-4hr. Cut desired shapes with cookie cutter and decorate to taste.